The SSCB (Somerset Safeguarding Children Board) has designed a training package that gives the basic overview staff need, with regard to their safeguarding and child protection responsibilities.
Participants will gain an understanding of the current legislation for safeguarding children and how this links to child protection history:
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child has been abused
- Name the 4 categories of abuse
- Have a clear understanding of their safeguarding roles and responsibilities
- Respond appropriately in a case study activity
- Consider safer working practices.
Prices start from £68.00 per person Please log on to find out your school/setting price.
Funding may be available for Early Years Settings
Lunch is not provided on this training
This is an introductory course for anyone who works with children or families in paid or voluntary work.