This is a one-day introduction course for practitioners to gain a good understanding of the basic issues relating to the protection of children. This course is Quality Assured by the Somerset Safeguarding Children’s Board (SSCB).
The aims of this course are:
By the end of the course participants will:
- To provide an introductory level of knowledge and understanding about child abuse
- To provide a local and national perspective, and to know what to do if you suspect that a child is being abused.
- Understand the different types of child abuse and the ways that they can affect children
- Have a basic understanding of the way that key agencies work to protect children
- Have a clear understanding of the Somerset child protection procedures
- Have an opportunity to develop better inter agency working partnerships and consider the unique responsibility that each has in the protection of children
- Have an understanding of their own professional responsibility in relation to child protection.
Please note: If more than 2 years elapsed since you completed Introduction to Child Protection training, you may need to complete this course again. Applicants must leave at least 1 month between completion of ‘Introduction to Child Protection’ and attendance at the Working Together course.
Prices start from £85.00 per person Please log on to find your school/setting price.
Free places are available for new childminders for a limited period July to September 2018 this is linked to the 20 hours delivery support fund.
Funding may be available for Early Years Settings.
Lunch is not provided on this training
Practitioners and managers who work directly and indirectly with children and families. Priority will be given to staff who have a lead/designated role within their organisation.